Canvas Observer Setup
Parents and guardians are able to view Canvas course information and student grades through Canvas Observer accounts.
The following guides will assist you in creating a Canvas Observer account, pairing with a student, and accessing Canvas Announcements using Safari (currently not supported on the Canvas Parent App).
Canvas Observer Guides:
- Signing up for an Observer account
- Generate Student Pairing Code
- Linking Student to Observer
- Canvas Parent App (iOS)
- Accessing Canvas Announcements using Safari
Once you have signed up and created a Canvas Observer account, here are the basic steps on pairing your Observer account with a Student account using a pairing code:
- Open the Canvas Parent App (iOS)
- Tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines on the top-left)
- Tap Manage Students
- Tap the + sign at the top-right
- Enter the Student Pairing Code.
If you have multiple students at Alemany, you can repeat the steps above to observe additional students.
Please submit a ticket to the Help Desk for any questions. Any email address can be used to "sign in".