Alemany Device Requirements / Apps
In order to provide a consistent learning experience, Bishop Alemany High School requires the use of certain iPad models or MacBooks.
Please ensure that your iPad meets or exceeds the following requirements:
- iOS 14.0 or later installed (Required for compatibility with Canvas, Notability, and Apple Classroom)
- 64GB capacity of storage or higher
To find your iPad software version and capacity, follow this guide.
iPads manufactured prior to 2018 are strongly discouraged and/or incompatible. You can identify your iPad model here.
MacBooks are also permitted for use, but must still be supported by Apple and receive macOS updates and access iBooks. MacBooks include MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air.
Please note that utilizing a device that does not meet the above requirements will severely affect a student's ability to complete their coursework.
Email [email protected] for device inquiries.
Last updated 02/28/23
We recommend that students install the following free apps on your iOS devices:
- Canvas Student
- Microsoft Outlook (email) - for assistance with student email (including password reset), please use the Help Desk
- MobileServe - please visit the Ministry section for additional details.
- Notability (paid version/subscription not required)