Boys Health Classes will be exploring all aspects of Health and Wellness as they pertain to the growth and development, personality profiles, substance management and physical well being.
No topic is off limits...bring your questions, insight and an open mind in preparation to develop foundations for your future.
Physical Education courses...applying all aspects of the mental and physical connection through sports and exercise.
Here is the Boy Health Course Syllabus:
Alemany High School
Teacher: Mr. Neumann
- Health will cover Mental Health and Stress Management, Nutrition, Reproduction, Growth and Development, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Disease and STD’s, and Health Care
- We will integrate information from the required text as well as online resources and guest speakers.
- Text: “Glencoe Health” – Bronson
- Students are required to bring each day to class: pencils, red pens, the textbook and one spiral note book.
- Classwork must be completed daily in spiral notebook
- Students will be required to keep complete record of all homework assignments, quiz and test scores in spiral notebook. This will be graded.
- Students must complete all work according to a prescribed format. (see reverse)
General Guidelines for Determining Student Grades:
- Grades are determined on the following basis:
Tests 30% of final grade
Quizzes 30% of final grade
Homework/Notebook 20% of final grade
Midterm/Final Exam 20% of final grade
- Grading Scale
A = 90% - 100%
B = 80% - 89%
C = 70% - 79%
D = 60% - 69%
F = 0% - 59%
- Disciplinary measures such as detention, calls to parents, and referrals to the deans will be taken for tardiness, disruptive behavior, or eating in class.
- All school regulations will be strictly enforced
NOTE: WITH ALL DUE CONSIDERATION GIVEN TO THE ABOVE STATED GUIDELINES, THE FINAL DETERMINATION OF THE STUDENT’S GRADE RESTS WITH THE PROFESSIONAL JUDGEMENT OF THE TEACHER.
The Alemany Honor Code will be upheld in this course.