Remote Learning Week Information
Dear Alemany Families,
As you read in the recent correspondence from our Superintendent of Catholic Schools, Paul Escala, the Omicron variant of the coronavirus has caused a sharp increase in COVID-19 cases in our region. This phenomenon has affected the Alemany community as a large number of students have tested positive for the virus. Additionally, several members of our faculty and staff have either tested positive for the virus or have been exposed and needed to quarantine. The strain on our staff has been significant and the school's ability to provide substitutes to cover faculty absences has been stretched. Given all of these circumstances, coupled with the need to maximize the health and wellbeing of the community, the school administration has made the decision to revert to remote learning for the next week and a half.
We hope that this adjustment will slow the spread of the Omicron variant among our constituents and help to keep our students, families and staff as safe as possible. Thank you for your understanding. May God continue to bless you and your loved ones in the new year and always.
Remote Learning Week
January 10th - 18th (January 17th is a school holiday in recognition of Martin Luther King Jr.).
Students are expected to return to campus on Wednesday, January 19th.
COVID testing is available on campus every Monday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Even though we will be remote, we will have on-site COVID testing available to all students who register this Monday, January 10th, and each subsequent Monday here on campus. While most Monday COVID testing dates are optional, testing on Monday, January 17th, will be required in order for students to return to campus on Wednesday, January 19th. If you are unable to come to campus on January 17th, we are allowing the option of taking a test elsewhere. If you choose to test off-site, we ask that you test between the dates of January 15-18th and that you provide proof of a negative test via email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your return to campus.
- Monday through Thursday will be 6-period Cardinal Days.
- Friday (01/14) will be a standard Friday Grey Schedule.
- Tuesday (01/18) will be a 6-Period Cardinal Day.
Class Zoom Links
Distance Learning Protocols
Students must adhere to the Distance Learning Protocols while attending classes.
Distance Learning Meeting Protocols:
- Use your real first and last names when signing in to any meeting.
- Once you enter the meeting, you must wait in the Waiting Room. During this time, the teacher will be taking attendance. Admittance begins once all students are present or 5 minutes after the scheduled start time.
- Be prompt. Late students will receive a tardy. Any students arriving more than 20 minutes late will be counted as absent.
- 3 tardies are equivalent to an absence.
- Do not share screens unless explicitly asked by the instructor.
- Any disciplinary issues will be sent to the deans for review and/or investigation, including chat content.
- Students are asked to turn on their cameras and be on screen during class time.
- Dress code is enforced. Students are expected to wear an Alemany polo, Alemany dress shirt, or Alemany sweatshirt/hoodie during all distance learning sessions. If a student isn’t in uniform, they can temporarily step out of the distance learning session to correct the issue (this should result in being marked tardy). If they can’t correct it, they will need to leave the class (this should result in being marked absent). Teachers will report dress code violations to the deans.
- Digital instruction and class content cannot be recorded unless given explicit permission by the teacher.